RSS

Books, woolies, and moving

A couple things.
Alice is getting curiouser and curiouser so I bought her some books to read to her and some for her to just look at. I'm very picky about our reading material. I'm a bit of an elitist when it comes to books, I'll admit. I went through all of the baby books in Borders and picked out these.


I've also been working on my own pattern for snappible wooley soakers. I've made four so far, but I think the 5th one will be the one that I remake and sell, hopefully. Each one is good, with a thing or two amiss with them, but I think I've finally got it down. My father-in-law gave me some start-up money, so I bought a snap press and $100 worth of used 100% wool sweaters. I've used just 2 sweaters so far. I plan to make colorful wooleys with prefolds dyed to match :)


All of that has to be put on hold for now. I'm moving from my beloved home of Alaska, to Lucas' home-state of Florida. Sigh. Things just aren't working out for us in Alaska, financially. I'll also be able to spend all of my time with Alice. If we stay in Alaska I'm going to have to go back to work soon and leave Alice with a sitter. I can't be the mother Alice deserves right now if we stay here. Hopefully we'll do better in Florida with his family there to help us. We'll be back in a few months, but probably just to pick up my stuff from storage, but only God knows.
Our original plan was to drive down to Florida and take only what we could carry in the back of my pickup. But that just felt like I was being made to jam up and try to fit my whole life in the back of my truck and drag it across the country. So Lucas is renting me out a storage unit and we'll come back for my stuff soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment