RSS

My Weekend

This is a picture Lucas took this weekend when he, baby and I all went down to Portage Glacier and camped out for the night. I went kicking and screaming because it was raining at first. But all this week Lucas has been working really hard all week at his new job, so he dragged me kicking and screaming to enjoy his weekend in the wilderness.
I complained while we packed, I complained while we rode. In the end though, it turned out to be one of the most enjoyed times we've spent together since becoming a family.
We got off to a rainy late start. Lucas set up the tent while I breastfed Alice, then we all cuddled into the tent together. It was so relaxing and beautiful to fall asleep to the sounds of birds chirping and the sounds of the river while cuddling with those most beloved to me. It was awesome waking up in warm sunshine.
Today Lucas has gone back to work, so it's just me and baby right now.
I make this delicious homemade sandwich bread every once in a while, and today me and Lucas decided that I should make a loaf or 2 a week from now on, so we can stop buying store bought pre-sliced bread. I'm pretty excited. I've actually been thinking about doing that for a while, and was pretty excited when he brought it up first.
Store bought bread scares me a little.

Here are the ingredients of typical store bought whole wheat bread:
Whole wheat flour, water, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2% of less of: soybean oil, salt, molasses, yeast, mono and diglycerides, exthoxylated mono and diglycerides, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium iodate, calcium dioxide), datem, calcium sulfate, vinegar, yeast nutrient (ammonium sulfate), extracts of malted barley and corn, dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, calcium propionate (to retain freshness).

Here are the ingredients in my homemade sandwich bread: White whole wheat, salt, sugar, egg, olive oil, water, milk, and yeast.

I don't know about you, but I don't know, and can hardly pronounce, a lot of those ingredients. I like to know what I'm eating.


0 comments:

Post a Comment